Fruity Friday

We're headed out to the lake to celebrate our first wedding anniversary, so I thought I'd make up for my lack of blog reading & commenting (both due to being too busy prepping for the weekend, and being out of all internet and cell phone range Friday-Sunday) with a post. I know - they're fairly rare around here.

As I mentioned the other week, I have a new smoothie recipe. I love making these up the night before, so breakfasts are super easy and quick in the morning. It seems like a lot of work at first, but I've got the science of it down to an art!


Ingredients
Fruit
Yogurt
Milk
Flax
Oatmeal
Chia
Honey


1. Chop up fruit. I usually don't fill up my Magic Bullet cup this full, but I really love strawberry & watermelon together, so I usually add extra!


2. Blend

3. Blend oatmeal and flax in a separate container. I add about half of this.


4. Top off with yogurt, milk a touch of honey and chia seeds. Blend, while you watch the bug that came out of nowhere crawl all over your watermelon rinds


And you're done!!  Leave in the fridge for at least 4 hours for the chia seeds to absorb some of the liquid!*


*I married into a family that hates anything Jello or pudding related, so I've learned not everyone loves a thick smoothie. If you find your smoothie is too thick the next morning, throwing it through the magic bullet for a few seconds loosens it up. I tend to not measure (could you tell?), so some days my smoothies come out pretty solid. Only once have I ever had to add any more milk to get it flowing again!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © Business casual service. All Rights Reserved.
Blogger Template designed by Big Homes.