Good time for feeling good

"Scott, I'm so happy that I think I'm going to burst!"

That sentence alone could summarize last week for me. It boggles my mind how finding the right job makes all the difference in the world. Primarily, it means coming home in a good mood, which in turn, filters through the rest of my evening, and the rest of my life.

  1. I am cleaning up after myself.
    I used to walk in the door, drop everything on the floor, and burst into tears. There my dirty lunch dishes, my mitts, my bag would sit until I needed them again. Every movement seemed to fight a gravity so strong, my body would collapse onto the couch and not move. Now, I bounce through the door, immediately bring my lunch kit to the kitchen, hang up my coat, and even some days, I put my shoes away! (Some days, habits are tough to break)
  2. I am getting exercise
    As I said, I bounce through the door. Scott gets a little overwhelmed by this uncharacteristic energy, so my solution has been to change out of my work clothes into my work out clothes, and get a bit of a workout done before supper.
  3. I am eating well
    First of all, I'm starving. All day. And that's a good thing, because I'm craving fruits and vegetables, not cookies and chocolate. Sure, it means having to remember to pack lots of healthy snacks, but in the grand scheme of things, eating more healthy options is better than eating any little amount of gross foods!
  4. I am getting out
    Friday, I was invited out for drinks. I was pretty pumped to have plans, but was a bit weary about being so tired (see #1). Instead, when I arrived home, I wasn't ready to call it a night. After months of being unable to find a suitable time to meet with friends, we discovered last minute texts paid off. Not only did we get together that night, we were invited out the next, as well
If you remember when things were a little rough, I was working hard to find one thing, every day, which I had done well, or one positive trait for myself. It's been a lot easier, and it has quickly morphed into a list of things for which I am thankful. I really hope not only that things stay this good, but also that I stay being grateful!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © Business casual service. All Rights Reserved.
Blogger Template designed by Big Homes.