This is how we do it

If you follow me on Twitter, (or Facebook, if it still steals my tweets), you'll remember I had 2 interviews last week. Despite having different titles, and being at two different organizations, it was for essentially the same position. It was interesting to note the differences between the two, as it provided me the opportunity to compare the organizations without different details of the job getting in the way. And really, what I've learned over the years that positions can change, but the company stays the same.

It was a cold day, so I knew a jacket was necessary. Of course, once you have to contend with a jacket, the traditional suit is pretty much out the window as I only have one or maybe two blazers that fit under my early spring / late fall jacket. Next best option? A vest!

I'm still not in love with my eShakti dress (now being certain it is a size to big, all over... and totally not good enough quality to justify taking it to a tailor... Mom, do you want to give it a try? Even just the skirt portion so I don't have puffy hips?), but I decided to go with it. The ruffled neckline doesn't work well with a blazer, but I like how it pops out of this vest.



I also had the opportunity to have a second, more casual interview at one of the organizations, over coffee. I scoured the internet for advice on how to dress, but I either found information about "second interviews" or "coffee interviews", and never both. Since I knew it was going to be grey and chilly, I decided to start with a blazer that fit under my coat. From there, it was easy to pull together! (But I may have removed the bow from my Shabby Apple dress to wear it with a blazer. I kept it, and will stick it on clips, so I can wear it with so many outfits!)


While I had very good reason to believe after Friday I would be offered the job, I finally heard back officially two days ago. Starting April 16th, I'll finally get my career underway! Wee! I can't wait to get back into my business tweeds!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © Business casual service. All Rights Reserved.
Blogger Template designed by Big Homes.