Cleaning Up Winter / Curating my Closet

I can't believe I've gone all winter without sharing my favourite winter storage solution! Since winter is pretty hard in the Canadian prairies (this year being the exception - first time in 70 years that we haven't had a single day below -30!!!), I find it easier to get excited about going outside (ok, excitement isn't the right term. I'm never excited to go into the cold) if I can at least have fun with winter accessories. Of course, that means having quite a few sets of mitts, scarves and toques. While I used to keep them in decorative boxes on the shelf in the closet just inside our door, I was either too lazy to toss them up there, or was forever digging through the box to find a matching set.

I saw on Pinterest people were using over the door shoe organizers for cleaning supplies, and thought: "Why not for winter accessories?" While the "front door" to our apartment was too big for the door hangers provided, I simply hung it on the wall across from the closet. Sure, it's not the most attractive solution, but it's not visible from any where but right beside it. As soon as I'm convinced winter is over, it will hang over the door to our storage closet. Or who knows - maybe I'll move all accessories back into boxes, and actually use it as a shoe rack! That'd be one way to organize all my summer sandals!

______________________________________________
Black Blazer
(not pictured, sorry... last minute cold removed my ability to edit photos)

Why did I buy it?
I was on a jacket kick, loved the polka dot seam binding, and thought: 'can you go wrong with a black blazer'?

Why did it work?
It was a black blazer, need I say more?

Why didn't it work?
The lapel is too large for my frame, the silhouette isn't tailored enough, and it hits me a little short.

How have I worn it?
Never on the blog - an easy sign that it's not quite the right article for me!

What will happen to it?
I had given it to my sister a few months ago, but stole it back. Now I'll check with her to see if she wants it again.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © Business casual service. All Rights Reserved.
Blogger Template designed by Big Homes.