When I try to be healthy...

Every once and a while, I go through a fitness kick and start worrying about whether I'm eating properly. It turns out, worrying is the worst thing I can do! You see, I'll track what I eat on a random day, compare it to what I should eat. I compare two metrics: how I compare to my daily "allotted" calories, and where those calories come from (protein, fats, carbs). Sometimes, I track as I eat. Sometimes, I decide to track what I ate the previous day, to ensure there is no consulting the computer to decide whether I should have that second third fourth piece of bacon. Most of the time, I do pretty well. Here are my results for last week:

Graphic from Sparkpeople.com

However, there is a major downfall to this system. Sure, I know I'm not tracking major nutrients (and I know things like calcium and iron are likely lacking from my diet). The main problem is that it proves my average day-to-day eating isn't that far off from where it should be (at least based on these two metrics). As a result, for the next two three four days, I start to get cocky. I not longer question that piece of bacon. And of course I deserve two afternoon snacks. And that Tim Hortons' latte totally doesn't count because it's liquid.

It works the same when I've done a good work out. It lets me justify spoiling myself.

Does anyone else find this happens to them, that your attempts to be healthy usually result in going overboard in the opposite direction?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © Business casual service. All Rights Reserved.
Blogger Template designed by Big Homes.