Feb 25th-Mar 2nd

What a busy week! I discovered going away for only part of the weekend made it feel like I had 2 weekends - the one where I was at my parents, and the one where I was at home. As I said last week, the drive out was a little sketchy, but the way back was perfect driving conditions. This tree is affectionately known as the halfway tree, as it makes (obviously) the half mark between Brandon and Winnipeg.


Monday, we even got an extra weekend type adventure: we met up with my sister and brother-in-law for supper, and then a Jets game. We lost, but it was still fun. While I missed my little sweet niece, it was night to a) being going to the game, and b) getting some grown-up time in, rather than watching the game on tv while babysitting a toddler.

It took me week, but I finally managed to catch a bus pic of the snow sculptures that proliferate the city in February for Festival du Voyageur. While we missed out on the fiddling, snow adventures and the French-Canadian history, it was fun getting to see snow sculptures on street corners.


And since we're talking about Manitoba institutions - halfway trees, hockey, and Festival, I love this building. It's across the street from the very modern building I featured a couple weeks ago. The Bay, for those of you who don't know, started as a fur trading company with strong ties to Manitoba (and the Voyageurs, hence the festival). It's now a department store - our Macy's or Bloomingdales, I guess (having been to neither, I can't say for sure). This one was all classy-like, in its day, so when I go in there I like to pretend I'm on the set of Are you Being Served, the old British comedy.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © Business casual service. All Rights Reserved.
Blogger Template designed by Big Homes.