I like my world in little boxes

I spend far too many hours a day digging through baskets for tights. "I need my black tights" I say to Scott, as he picks up random pairs. "These ones?" "No, those are the footless black tights". "How about these ones: "No, those are the pinstripe black tights". And while, yes, I could weed down my tights, I thought: "why not just organize them better?"

The idea came to me when I was grocery shopping. Why not use milk cartons to help me keep everything together? 

You will need:
milk cartons
utility knife
duct tape
measuring tape
marker or pen

First, measure your milk carton, and see how many you can fit into your drawer / shelf / basket. You can get 2 boxes out of each carton

Open the top of the carton fully. Slice the corners down from the top to the horizontal fold line.

Then, fold the flaps down so form a flat bottom. Be liberal with the duct tape.

Measure and mark halfway up (or down) the carton, all the way around it. Cut along this line. Once it's open, you may need to duct tape the flaps on the inside of the top of the two boxes down.

Place in drawer and organize!!


And since it's Monday, I need to get rid of something. I have a couple pairs of skinny jeans that have lost their stretch or have gone through the knees. I'm getting rid of 2 pairs this week. But since I've already replaced them (with 1 pair, so I'm still going down 1), there's no need to show you.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © Business casual service. All Rights Reserved.
Blogger Template designed by Big Homes.