Indoor Outdoor

The weather is kind of going crazy here. Like shorts and tanks to winter coats in a matter of days. As a result, I felt like I had to re-learn how to do dress to impress in all kinds of weather.

I had to do some typing and clerical testing for an job for which I hope to interview. Since the testing was being done by a third party, I knew I could likely get away with showing up in any thing, without it implicating my chances at the position. But I also knew better than that. For those that weighed in on the defense-dress, you'll recognize the outfit. I initially ruled this outfit out because it was too short. It certainly wasn't as bad as I thought. And really, it pulled together the secretary vibe of the whole situation, too!


A day or two later, my sister and I embarked on a cross-city mission of vehicular shuffling (also known as picking my parents' car up from the airport, since neither of us were good enough daughters to chauffeur them at 4 am). It was a grey day, so I decided to go full on colour!

All right, I didn't actually make it out the door in this - it was far too cold to be barelegged. I swapped out the skirt for my grey skinny jeans.


Both outfits relied on black jackets. Say what you will about expressing personality through outerwear, I do love my basic pieces. Particularly, the leather jacket from the first outfit is possibly the most handy jacket I have, since it dresses up and down so easily!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © Business casual service. All Rights Reserved.
Blogger Template designed by Big Homes.